Finch Paper, LLC; 16% increase in overall response rate
Finch Paper, LLC is a manufacturer and supplier of fine quality uncoated printing and writing papers. They wanted a marketing campaign that would accomplish the following:
- Collect specific data about printers.
- Inform designers and printers about the advantages of digital print applications.
- Build brand awareness and loyalty regarding Finch Paper, LLC and their available stock offerings.
- Achieve an overall response rate of 7–10%.
Finch collaborated with our company to design and execute a cross-media campaign leveraging our Connect solution, an application with the company’s WorkSmart Suite collection of technology-based marketing solutions. The campaign combined personalized direct mail pieces, email blasts and pURLs to collect data. If a respondent provided the required information, they received a personalized Finch Digital Field Guide filled with 70 pages of information and design considerations for digital printing, examples of various print technologies and Finch papers. The process included the following:
- Finch designed the direct mail pieces, email blasts and pURLs.
- Our technology team coded the blasts and constructed the pURLs, where data was collected, to personalize & ship the guides.
- Our facility produced and mailed the direct mail pieces to the target list of 1369 recipients.
- An email blast was with a pURL allowing recipients to view a flip book of the guide and order a personalized copy.
- A follow-up direct mail piece and email blast was sent three weeks after the first mailing to non-respondents.
- At the end of the campaign, the pURLs were redirected to the Finch website.
Response to the initial direct mail piece was 11.2%. Adding the email blasts and second direct mail piece increased the overall response rate to 16%, doubling the campaign objective. Additionally, Finch collected valuable data from 220 printers and armed each with a Field Guide showing an assortment of applications for Finch papers.